Thursday, March 29, 2012

3 Year Anniversary - Warning: Lovey Dovey Stuff


Matt and I both forgot our anniversary this year! Whoops! I guess with all the excitement and doctor’s appointments our special day just got lost in the shuffle.

Truth be told, we never had a set date like “02/21/09” because the first night Thomas called me to come over when he was staying at Matt’s was like, the first day of the rest of our lives together. We just say February/March-ish because the line was so fuzzy and there was never a, “will you be my gf/bf?” line nor a date to mark it. We literally hung out for 2 weeks when one night we were laying in my bed watching Monster’s Inc. and we both just felt compelled to say how we were feeling.

I remember not wanting to say how I felt first but the look in Matt’s eyes just assured me he wasn’t going to think I was a crazy ass. Long story short we told each other we loved each other and that we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Pretty deep stuff to spill after only 2 weeks and during a cartoon movie, but I guess that’s just us! Crazy asses and Disney fans!

My friends thought I had lost my mind but I knew in my heart that this was the real deal and I was right! Here we are 3 years later more in love than I ever thought my heart could handle and a mixture of the both of us brewing inside my belly! It’s been a pretty amazing ride.

To Matt on our fuzzy-lined 3 year anniversary:

I've never been so sure of anything in my life and you KNOW how I change my mind. You've always been the one thing I never questioned because I just knew and felt it was right. And when Thomas died we didn't grow apart - we grew together and that's an experience we've endured that not a lot of couples our age have done. Our bond turned out more than alright because of it and that's how I know we can make it through whatever life throws our way. I don't know where our future is headed, what will happen or who we’ll lose in the years to come. All I know is I want all the smiles and tears with you be my side. My fairytale doesn’t start when we say our vows - it started that very first night we saw each other for the first time in 4 years. I will always be eternally grateful for God and Thomas bringing us together. You are my most prized possession and I promise you have my heart, soul and love to consume you everyday forever. And when the time comes for me to leave this Earth know you have made my entire life worth living. You are the most beautiful soul I've had the pleasure of loving and you will always have a home inside my heart.

xoxo,

Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment