Thursday, August 2, 2012

Life Lately

{Me and my beautiful hostess' for my baby shower! Adrienne, Me, Jennifer}

Life has been so hectic lately! This past Saturday was my bow hunting education course from 7 am to 4:30 pm which is required by the state in order to get a big game archery license. Right after the course my friend Adrienne {one of the girls who so kindly hosted my shower} and I hurried to go set up tables and chairs for the baby shower the next day. We stayed up late Saturday night having some quality “girl talk” and were up early Sunday for the shower. I was beyond exhausted and perhaps a tad crabby. ;)

I then proceeded to get sick Tuesday night with some sort of bug. It has me puking, fever-y and never leaving the toilet! It’s pretty fun stuff! So I’ve been home trying to rest and stay hydrated per doctor’s orders. I have a big bachelorette party this weekend to go to so hopefully I feel better.

Regarding missing work, many people may not know this about me {although my close friends and family certainly do} is that I have such bad anxiety! I sometimes have it over the smallest things but nonetheless I have it. Missing more work and missing out on those extra dollars gives me major anxiety.

As you all know, I am trying my best to save as much as possible before baby arrives and that’s hard to do when you’re home sick not working. I have a goal of paying off my car by the end of August {or at least by the time baby arrives} and I still owe $3,100. After that, I will be headed for maternity leave and who knows if I’ll be going back to my current job. I just have to remind myself it will all work out in the end. Sometimes I forget to give my stresses to God and remember that it’s not worth worrying about.

In less depressing news, I got the job as the postmaster relief in good ol’ Garden City! I will be working every Saturday 10-11:30 and any day the postmaster needs vacation/sick days/etc. I’m very excited that it’s so close to home and that it could potentially turn into a full time position when the postmaster retires. It would be ideal!

I’m also looking forward to school starting in late August and getting into that routine again! It’s so strange that I’m actually looking forward to going to school. I think I just have my mind set that it will lead to a better life for our family and in 5 years the hard work and sacrifice will have paid off!

In the mean time, I am making sacrifices time wise and financially. It’s hard to let people know that you can’t afford to do this or that or that you simply don’t have the time. It’s uncomfortable! I’m trying my best to not live beyond our means and not spread myself thin between obligations. That’s part of sacrifice though and hopefully someday in the future it will all pay off! J

No comments:

Post a Comment