Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Once Upon a Time: Bad Apples

This is going to be the most random post. It may not even make sense to you but I just need to vent.

I love where I live. I really do! I love my house and that Matthew has a place to tinker around. I love that my parents, Matt’s parents and us all live on the same road within 7 miles of one another! I love that when you go outside at night you can see every star in the sky. I love that I can breathe and it just feels right! I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

I would however, trade some of the people that live in my hometown. Don’t get me wrong the good definitely outweigh the annoying – by a long shot! I just don’t understand how people can make up the dumbest lies about a situation and then tell other people who tell other people who tells another and then that person finally confronts me. That’s a lot of sources to go through before it gets to me. It’s funny because I have friends from out of town I was telling about this and they are like, “that’s not how it went at all!?” I was like, “yeah….”

It’s like the good ol’ telephone game we played in elementary. We’d start out saying, “Hi, my name is Brandi” and it would come out as, “Guys! You at my candy?!” Honestly, I’m tired of being portrayed as the villain here. People just talk shit because they have nothing better to do with their time. They haven’t even spoken or gotten to know me within the last year or so. They have no idea how different I am. Not even that actually……why just make shit up out of nowhere?

I know you’re busy with a lot of free time talking about everyone so I decided I would write you a little bedtime story for all you story-rumor-maker-upper-lovers:

Once upon a time, in a small town in South Dakota there were some pathetic peasants who had nothing better to do with their time than talk about Brandi, the Princess of GC. Brandi had better things to do with her majestic thoughts and energy. She was busy making the sloughs shimmer and foxes fluffily Febrezed. She loved her royal family and her knight in matte camouflage and was pleased with her superb existence. She was tired of the BS from all the commoners so she decided to do what any other normal Princess would do and write a scroll-worthy blog post about it. See, the princess is very wise when it comes to life; she likes to laugh aplenty and enjoy the everyday. She has learned to surround with those who lift her higher (not just her glittered white horse). She’s “so over” those “bad apples” – THEE end.

Pretty much, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment